Welcome to this guided meditation by Nirvanic!
Today, alongside the spiritual master Meebu, we’ll explore a powerful perspective, something which I call the spiritual or non-dual perspective on consciousness. From this view, consciousness is the primary principle of existence, meaning that consciousness is understood to be the source of life, the world, and the universe at large.
Before we begin, try finding a comfortable and quiet space where you can relax without any disturbances. Sit or lie down in a relaxed manner, and gently close your eyes.
Take a few deep breaths, inhaling slowly through your nose, and exhaling through your mouth. With each breath, let go of any tension or thoughts that may be lingering in your mind. Feel the soothing rhythm of your breath, grounding you in the present.
Now, let’s explore the profound implications of this spiritual paradigm:
- The Primacy of Consciousness: Bring your attention to the notion and experience that consciousness is primary. In this moment, recognize that your physical body, the universe, and everything you know arises within consciousness. You can visualize a radiant, boundless field of loving warmth enveloping you, this vast field of loving warmth symbolizing the consciousness which you inevitably are and know. It is your natural state and everything you’ve ever known and experienced has happened in this field of consciousness.
- Only Consciousness is Conscious: Reflect on the notion that only consciousness is truly conscious. For a moment, let go of all the handed down beliefs and information that the brain, matter, or human bodies possess consciousness as a by-product of evolution and biology. Entertain the idea of non-duality, where consciousness is the essence and everything else is an expression of it. Consciousness is weightless, formless yet gives birth to matter and form.
Take a moment to breathe and absorb these profound ideas.
After contemplating these points for a little while, let’s now delve deeper:
- Birth of the Phenomenal World: Envision that the physical body and matter itself are born from and out of consciousness. Imagine the intricate dance within consciousness giving rise to the material world, as everything crystallizes in front of your perceptive eyes in the theatre of existence. The notion that consciousness arises in a pre-existing world is by now only rumour and hearsay. What you actually know is that everything arises within, within this unfathomable miracle which allows you to live, breathe, think, feel and experience.
- Thoughts as Dream-Like Phenomena: See the mind and thoughts for what they are, namely dream-like phenomena that come and go in time, even the world you perceive all around you is something that is ever changing and morphing. Understand that the unfolding of this “dream” is occurring in infinite and timeless consciousness and that you are its witness.
- The Unity of all Things: If consciousness is your deepest and truest identity, you can begin to sense the unity of all things, an indivisible and intelligent non-entity that gives rise to the entire universe. This is because everything you know is contained in consciousness, so how can there be two? Envision the interconnectedness of all things through this deep understanding, because it is indeed the reality of your experience.
- Cosmic Consciousness: Contemplate the powerful idea that consciousness could be an essential quality of the universe. Imagine the entire universe as conscious in a primordial manner, with the complex consciousness of humans being a derivative of this cosmic awareness. While cosmic consciousness is more speculative than the previous meditative points, it still has its own spiritual aspects to consider and contemplate.
- Miracle of Life: Finally, reflect on the notion that life itself is a miracle. Acknowledge the beauty and wonder of existence, the people you love, the magnificence of nature and the various delights of being alive. Do this while also being aware of all the negative and dark things which also inevitably exists. Recognize that consciousness is the source of all of this, and that consciousness is all you have, know and are. It is your essential identity and the actual pillar of creation.
As you gently return to the awareness of your breath know deeply that life unfolds within this sacred field of awareness. When you are ready, slowly open your eyes, bringing this expanded awareness of yourself and the universe into the present moment.
Many blessings to you!